Welcome to our website. We’ve packed it full of useful information in a very easy to use format with the added benefit of several online functions.
DR SIMPSON'S RETIREMENT
Dr Simpson will be retiring from the practice at the end of November 2015 and has written to his patients Letter to Dr Simpson's Patients. Dr Simpson's list will be taken over by Dr James Woodward, who is currently at the practice providing cover for Dr Ansell's maternity leave.
CONGRATULATIONS TO DR ANSELL
Congratulations to Dr Ansell and her husband on the birth of baby Beatrix Louise. Both mother and baby are doing well.
Practice Job Vacancies - Please see from Practice Job Vacancies Tab on right of page.
TOP 10 TIPS BEFORE YOU CALL US
GPs are under huge pressure to meet patient demand for appointments and phone calls these days and we are no different at the Phoenix so before you call us remember
- Many common illness get better without antibiotics & antibiotics can cause you more harm than good
- Look at our website for guidance on minor illnesses
- Down load ‘AdviceASAP ‘app to your phone (see below).
- Speak to your local pharmacist- often they will be able to help you
- Alternatively, take a look at http://www.patients.co.uk/ which has a wealth of advice on health concerns
- Telephone 111 for advice
- And if these resources do not help then contact the surgery
- If you do telephone to request an urgent on the day appointment, you will be offered a triage telephone call from your GP as often your health concerns can be addressed without being seen. This enables your GP to make sure those who do need an emergency appointment are seen in a timely manner
- Patients who present at the front desk asking to be seen straight away will be told by the receptionist that their GP will telephone them back to assess their request and arrange an appropriate appointment. Please do not get cross with the receptionist if you are not offered an appointment there and then. Your GP will speak to you.
- If you do ask for a GP to call you for routine advice- the GP will only try twice to speak to you as their time is not an infinite resource.
ASAP Glos NHS
If you are ill or injured and are not sure where to turn, you can download the ASAP mobile phone App (ASAP Glos NHS) from the App store or search the ASAP website: www.asapglos.nhs.uk. Alternatively, call NHS 111.
Did you know you can now have your say to help improve more services across the NHS?
NHS Friends and Family Test
The NHS Friends & Family Test (FFT) is about giving patients the opportunity to provide quick feedback on their care and treatment experience. Click on the Patient Survery Box at the bottom of this page or follow the link below to complete the Friends & Family test questionnaire online to have your say to improve your care. http://www.mysurgeryoffice.co.uk/psurvey.aspx?p=217369&a=L84012
FFT Results for our surgery; August 2015
Number of responses = 69
Number either extremely likely or likely to recommend the surgery to friends and family = 62 (90%)
Number neither likely or unlikely to recommend or don't know = 0 (0)
Number either extremely unlikely or unlikely to recommend to friends and family = 7 (10%)
This month’s feedback and comments for our surgery can be seen in the following document:
NHS CHOOSE WELL CAMPAIGN
What kind of care do you need?
Use the link to get advice about when and how to use NHS services http://www.choosewellglos.nhs.uk/
Following the Skype Consultation it would be very helpful if you could feed back on your experience so that we can assess how well the pilot is working. Please feed back on the Patient Satisfaction Survey.
If you would like to now more about the Care.Data initiative please see under Care.data Service, which is in the index on the right hand side of the page. This section also includes a form for you to complete if you would like to opt out.
KEEPING YOUR DETAILS UP TO DATE
We are currently running a campaign to keep all the details we hold about you up to date. You may note that we have now included a section on our letters to confirm the address and contact details we hold about you. If any of these details have changed please update us using the "Update Contact Details" box below. You may also be aware that you can keep your lifestyle information up to date via the "Update Clinical Record" box below. It is really helpful for us to hold your most up to date details, so please do complete the update form provided. Thank You.
USING OUR ONLINE APPOINTMENT AND PRESCRIPTION SERVICES
Existing patients can enjoy access to our wide range of services at the touch of a button. Whether managing your appointment or ordering a repeat prescription you can now do both without leaving your home. First you will need to register for online access - see link below. If you are booking for a Mother and Baby First Check or a Smear Test please contact reception (01285 652056) as you will need a longer appointment.
Your Health in Safe Hands
The team are here to provide all patients with a professional and caring healthcare experience in friendly and personal surroundings. With discretion and confidentiality guaranteed your welfare is safe, secure and in good hands.
CHAPERONES - If you feel you would like a Chaperone present at your consultation please inform your Doctor/Nurse, who will be more than happy to arrange this for you.
Our aim is to promote the lifelong health of our patients and respond to their needs in a way which draws on a wide range of preventative techniques and holistic practice methods.
PATIENT ACCESS NOTICE - IF YOU ARE USING GOOGLE CHROME OR A HIGH VERSION OF INTERNET EXPLORER YOU MAY GET AN ERROR OR BLANK PAGE WHEN ORDERING YOUR PRESCRIPTIONS ONLINE. IF THIS HAPPENS PLEASE CHECK WITH THE SURGERY TO ENSURE THAT YOUR PRESCRIPTION ORDER HAS GONE THOROUGH.
To register your online pin and access numbers, that were collected from the surgery, please following this link - https://patient.emisaccess.co.uk/Account/Login
(Site updated 07/10/2015)